Ecoshred Bed is an award winning animal bedding made from Grade A packaging cardboard waste, the only grade that should be used for animal bedding in accordance with the Environment agency. It’s is clean, heat treated and has only been discarded for labelling or colour defaults and has undergone multiple testing and is fully licensed for assured quality safety for your Pets.
We have made Ecoshred Bed as absorbent as possible to save you time cleaning out your pets and keep money in your pockets by making it last longer. Keep your pet fresh and environment fresher, tested on the messiest of pets! See cleaning instructions below.
- Made from egg cartons straight from the factory, uncontaminated egg cartons, that have been heat treated to 200oF
- Shredded from 10mm to 15mm and double dust extracted for respiratory health
- Packaged accordingly to customer requirements in Biodegradation packaging
- Coloured material, colours will vary
- Fully tested and licensed ♻️ Facility
- High absorbency due to the nature of the egg cartons, that are designed for soakage making your bed last longer and odour control is superior
- Great fun colours
- Easy to muck out and remove less
- Biodegradable, small shred and soiling gives cardboard ideal conditions to break down fast
- Less thrown away
- Makes great, warm mulch as a secondary use after animal bedding
- Can be disposed of in your brown bin for excellent compost
- Choosing Ecoshred has huge environmental benefits:
- Saving reusable material from being added to landfill
- Saving reusable material traveling as far as China to be disposed of
- 100% recycled material, less trees harvested
- More biodegradable than other bedding
- Makes great compost
- Colour will vary!
Choosing Ecoshred has huge social benefits:
- Our bedding is made by people with an identified social need
- It creates inclusion in the workplace and a space for others to have meaningful employment and educational opportunities
- See the journey and impact here!
Ecoshred bed gives you everything you need if you care for a pet, our planet and local communities working together!
For your pet, you have the most comfortably, warm, absorbent and very funky bed. That is easy to maintain and dispose of. Let’s face it, who wants to spend endless hours cleaning out our pets, when we can keep them dry and comfortable without all the fuss? Quality time that’s better spent doing much more fun things with your loved ones than cleaning up after them.
Not only does your pet have a warm dry fuzzy feeling, so will you, because each purchase of Ecoshred Bed affords more opportunities to persons with a disability or life long social need. They just love working at Behind The Stable Door making Ecoshred Bed specially for your pet. Watch how they do this in the video and see how you are helping them!
Finally, we would like to give you an earthly hug for helping reduce CO2 emissions massively by purchasing Ecoshred Bed. Repurposing material that goes to waste is the way forward to helping with climate change. We cannot afford to see this wonderful, uncontaminated material be thrown away, and because of your support for Ecoshred Bed now we don’t have to.
Bring it all together, and we hope you feel Ecoshred Bed is the right choice for you and your Pet. We sure do appreciate the support and hope you will share your Ecoshred Bed story with us here or on our social media pages!
Preparation and Usage
How to help your pet adjust to EcoShred Bed Bedding?
With new bedding it is important to give your pet time to adjust to the new bedding. Your pet will adjust quicker if you mix this bedding with existing pet bedding for 1-2 weeks. Slowly remove previous pet bedding and replace with Ecoshred Bed when cleaning the cage.
1 Use a clean tray to fill the tray with Ecoshred Bed with a layer of 4-5cm.
2 Regularly remove soiling and solid waste using a litter scoop.
3 Every 2-3 weeks* remove the bedding and empty the tray and spray with healthy organic microbes to keep the healthy bacteria working for odour control and respiratory health. Ecoshred Pet Bedding is 100% biodegradable and can be disposed into the bin or compost bin.
*This varies on type of pet and depends on age and size of the as well but we’ve tested our system with the messiest of pets!
4 When removing soiled bedding always wear gloves.
Bag – Biodegradable plastic potato starch for the compost bin along with used bedding.
No added additives
Full Product Name:
100% sustainable environmentally friendly made from unused egg cartons
Please ensure the product is stored in a cool dry place.
Keep bag away from children, infants and pets. Do not eat or inhale the product.
Made in UK, Northern Ireland